‘Older’ was George’s third album as a solo artist and would see him experimenting with new musical styles and expanding his artistic horizons. Hailed by critics as a triumph, it told the story of an extraordinary period in the life of the man who wrote, recorded and produced it, as he journeyed through one of the most turbulent periods of his professional and personal life. George channeled all his painful life experiences into one of the most personal, heart-felt albums he had ever written.
“I think I composed the best, most healing piece of music that I’ve written in my life with this album … Older is my greatest moment” – George Michael
Originally released in the UK on 13 May 1996 through Virgin Records, ‘Older’, George Michael’s iconic album, reached the pinnacle of chart success, where it remained for three consecutive weeks, spending 35 weeks in the top 10 overall. The album produced six singles, two of which - ‘Fastlove’ and the haunting ‘Jesus To A Child’ - reached No.1, with the other four peaking in the top three. The album was a huge global commercial success, going 6x platinum in the UK, as well as verified platinum in another 22 countries – an achievement which is unparalleled to this day.
Remastered from the original tapes and available on:
- 2LP 180g Black vinyl in a gatefold sleeve
- 2LP 180g Transparent green vinyl (Limited edition on release)
- Limited Edition Deluxe Box Set - This stunning deluxe set features Older on double 180gsm vinyl remastered from original tapes plus Upper, available on vinyl for the first time. It also includes 5 CDs, 3 x 12”x12” art prints and a 12”x12” 48 page book ‘The Story of Older’ with contributions from key people who helped make the album plus rare and previously unseen photos.
1. Jesus to a Child - 06:49
2. Fastlove, Pt. 1 - 05:27
3. Older - 05:32
4. Spinning the Wheel - 06:09
5. It Doesn't Really Matter - 04:49
6. The Strangest Thing - 06:00
7. To Be Forgiven - 05:21
8. Move On - 04:45
9. Star People - 05:15
10. You Have Been Loved - 05:27
11. Free - 02:59
1. Fastlove, Pt. 2 - 04:54
2. Spinning The Wheel (Forthright Edit) - 04:41
3. Star People ‘97 (Radio Version) - 05:42
4. The Strangest Thing ’97 (Radio Version) - 04:41
5. You Know That I Want To - 04:37
6. Safe - 4:27